Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I'm taking my own advice


This morning, while counseling a client, I said, "We need to recognize when we are on the fence, get off the fence, and make the best of our choices!"

When the session was over, I emailed samples of my Mental Matters column and a photo of myself to a local weekly paper. I have been finding a variety of activities to get in the way of my goals, and sharing my wisdom with a client helped me practice what I preach.

I think the same is true for many of us. We know what others should do, but we forget to do it ourselves. What we know isn't necessarily what we do. Knowledge doesn't always equate to action.

So, listen to what you tell others. Maybe you will hear the advice you need.

Until the next time: Live while you live!

Call 911, without hesitation, if you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment