Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grandkids

I'm sitting in an Adirondack chair by a pond that is surrounded by the beautiful Rocky Mountains. The sky is crystal blue and birds are soaring playfully among the pines. My granddaughter is sitting on the on a rock tossing pancake bits to the mallard ducks and trout that inhabit the water. Life is good.

Nothing is quite so sweet as having time alone with grandchildren. It is a rare opportunity to share myself at an authentic level and to believe that they let their guard down too. No other setting allots that luxury. It also brings me pleasure to see the results of my adult children's parenting successes. I see them in my grandkids facial expressions, their physical movements, and their opinions. Being with them brings purpose to my fast paced, often chaotic days. 

This morning we left the house with rubber gloves on our right hands and grocery bags in our left. We were picking up trash along side the road. She said, "Grandma, do people up here who don't know you think you're weird?" Who else could bring such laughter to my heart? I said, "Sweetie I'm sure they do, but who cares?  We're doing something good and maybe they will get the hint and stop throwing trash out their windows"

She has been patiently waiting for me to finish this posting, and we are now off to the rock shop, fun park, and library.

Until the next time: Live while you live!

Call 911, without hesitation, if you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment