Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Welcome to my new blog!

6-12-13

Helping people has always been my purpose in life. It was clarified and put into words during my Master's program at Colorado State University in a course that included dozens of assessments with the final project being, "My Purpose in Life...."

I have a Ph. D. in Counseling Education, and am a Licensed Professional Counselor. I have had my own private practice counseling office for over 20 years. Other than insurance billing, I have enjoyed all aspect of being a psychotherapist, and I learned as much or more from my clients as they learned from me.

I am in the "finding an agent" phase of publishing a sweet little book about 48 client's stories and the wisdom I gained from them. You will all be the first to know if any agent or editor gives me the encouraging green light.

What I have most enjoyed, career wise, is having an individual or couple come into my counseling office, shut the door, focus on their stories, and strategize solutions. We developed rich relationships, built trust, and implemented true change. My clients will forever be close to my heart and always in my thoughts and prayers.

In my attempt to reach out to more people, I am trying the internet approach. It is not like sitting with me face to face, but it offers answers, anonymity, and convenience. And, it is free. If you are in a crisis, this is not what you need, but for ordinary bumps in the road, this can be helpful and fun. Call 911, without hesitation, if you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

Write to me, tell me your story, and I will give you my best wisdom. Use a fake name, and nobody, including me, will know your true identity. Your stories will be included in my blog preceding my responses. What you are struggling with will help so many people because we are never alone. If you are having trouble figuring something out, hundreds of other people are too.

Ask Dr. J.! We will be a team.

Until the next time: Live while you live!

No comments:

Post a Comment