Friday, August 16, 2013

Give yourself a gift - a day by yourself

I love spending time with my sweet husband, family members, and friends. But, once in a while, it is good for me to have a day to myself.

Yesterday was a good example. I had three appointments in Denver, two of which were not much fun, and one that was a necessity, a haircut. The appointments are not what made my isolating day valuable.

What made it good, like a gift, is that I did exactly what I wanted. I listened to my choice of music, stopped for coffee, ate lunch where I could have tofu in my salad, stopped for dessert at a sidewalk crepe cafĂ©, walked, took a bus, drove home the long way, and finished my day at the Stanley Hotel enjoying delicious salmon, reading a book, and listening to strangers laugh and discuss intellectual opinions concerning tourism in Colorado.

I did no shopping, called no friends for lunch, turned off my phone, and enjoyed me in my day. 

I guess I needed the time; time to feel no pressure from anyone for anything.
I suggest everyone treat themselves to a day, once in a while, by themselves. Don't design it like mine, don't plan it at all. Allow the moment to mandate what you choose.

There are so many treasures hidden along the side of the road as we are rushing from one obligation to another; new experiences that can offer simple pleasures, freedom of thought, and refreshed perspectives.  

Stroll through a day by yourself for a change; become reacquainted with who you are and what you value. You are worth the gift!

Until the next time: Live while you live!

Call 911, without hesitation, if you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment