Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Quotes can be treasures

I had a marvelous treat tonight. I sat down to watch the news, checked to see what was on Turner Classic Movies, and GONE WITH THE WIND scrolled across the screen. It is an all time favorite of mine.

I loved the spunk and drive of Scarlet, the unbelievable charisma of Rhett, the angel-like presence of Melanie, but I didn't like the spineless Ashley, the damage of war, the tragedy of Bonnie's death, and Scarlet's blindness to true love. I have always gained so much from contemplating the message behind quotes and Gone With the Wind is no exception. I am leaving you with my favorites from the movie:

 Scarlet: "As God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!" 
 Scarlet: "I'll think about that tomorrow. Tomorrow is another day." 
 Rhett: "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" 
 Scarlet: "Oh,Fiddle-dee-dee." 
 Scarlet's father: "It will come to you, this love of the land. There's no gettin' away from it if      you're Irish."  
 Rhett: "Don't drink alone Scarlet, people will always find out and ruin your reputation."    Mammy: "It ain't fittin, it just ain't fittin!"

Until the next time: Live while you live!

Call 911, without hesitation, if you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

2 comments:

  1. My favorite movie!!! Hope this comment comes through. Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi- it did come through......first one.....did you do something special? So many people have said they tried.

      Delete