Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Choose what replenishes your soul


The sun is shining and we haven't had rain since Monday. Hallelujah!

We all need a new focus. I turned mine to books and visiting with a good friend.

I was thrilled to get to spend two hours at the Tattered Cover, an independent bookstore in downtown Denver. I don't believe there is a place on earth that feeds my soul like a library or bookstore. It must be like a high on drugs; the world and all its darkness leaves my consciousness and I am left with the serenity of knowledge and achievement. It astounds me to see the thousands of books that have been written, edited, published, and marketed. Since I have written a book and have been exploring the publishing world, I know that writing the book is the most enjoyable and the easiest part of the process. I left there with a stack of books and renewed energy.

Yesterday I met a friend for lunch. We laughed and darted back and forth between dozens of subjects, and I left there with gratitude, encouragement, and concrete helpfulness. I was refreshed. I'm not sure why we allow our lives to get so full of everything and anything that we neglect the important things; people and activities that replenish, nourish, and build.

Why do we deny our individual needs and wants? Why don't we stop and think before we say "yes" to something that fills our time but drains our bucket.

We all have choices and if we don't know or control the discrepancies between the would, could, and should of life, we are the only ones to blame.

What do you need to change in your life that has you running like a rat in a race that has no grand prize?


Until the next time: Live while you live! 
Call 911, without hesitation, if you are in danger of hurting yourself or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment